Coverage and Investment Banking, Relationship Manager
We are looking to expand our Coverage and Investment Banking (CORI) platform with the recruitment of a Relationship Manager to our current set-up.
About Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking (SG CIB):
Societe Generale is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With nearly 12,000 employees in 37 countries, SG CIB is present in the main financial markets with extensive European coverage and representative offices in Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
SG CIB is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and FIs and it is an acknowledged leader in its three core areas of focus: Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets.
SG’s Corporate & Investment Banking has long established and solid relationship with leading corporate and FI names in Turkey. The bank is offering innovative tools and complete range of structured finance, trade finance, corporate finance, treasury and capital market services to all its client based in Turkey.
The Client Relationship Manager operates under the leadership of the Senior Banker and the Senior Relationship Managers ( SRM). The ideal candidate should:
- Have a good understanding of the strategy, organisation and the businesses of the client, as well as its competitive position on its sectors of activity.
- In support of the Senior Banker and SRM, contribute to the identification of commercial priorities to be established in order to develop the deal flow as well as the development of the marketing plan in agreement with the main business lines dealing with the client.
- Maintain a close and trustworthy relationship with the client in order to anticipate needs and be informed as soon as possible about client’s requests.
- Monitor the counterparty risks and concentration issues, contributing to the SG internal rating of the client
- With the support of Coverage Support Function, run the profitability models per transaction and monitor profitability indicators used in the monitoring systems for clients.
- Supervise or support to the proper completion of deals, either in the marketing phase or in the execution phase, the latter being under the responsibility of the business lines in most of the cases.
- With support of Coverage Support Function, coordinate and assist the loan documentation processes for corporate and FI banking clients.
- Liaise with the French/International networks and help to maintain the highest standards in terms of execution, reputation and ethics with the client and in close coordination with the Business Lines.
- With support of Coverage Support Function for execution, coordinate KYC and Compliance processes on behalf of corporate and FI banking coverage unit
- With support of Coverage Support Function and in coordination with SRMs, be responsible from preparation of internal and external business presentations
- Bachelor degree in a Quantitative Discipline (Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, etc)
- At least 5 years of work experience in coverage or execution of corporate and/or investment banking solutions for Turkish corporates and/or Financial Institutions (one or more of commercial debt facilities, structured solutions, debt capital markets, securitisation, FX, rate or commodity hedging solutions, trade finance, etc. )
- At least 3 years of experience in client services, solutions, or relationship building and management
- Very good knowledge of Turkish and CEE markets
- Excellent understanding of Turkish financial markets
- Experience giving live presentations, presenting to small and large audiences
- Transaction management experience specific to establishing best practices
- Experience interacting with clients and various lines of business seeking solutions for enhancing client experience
- Advanced level of Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel knowledge
- Fluent in English. Though it is not a must, knowledge of French is a plus
- Experience in client coverage, origination and specifics around on-boarding new clients
- Accounting and stock market expertise
- Experience in global markets trade execution
- Experience working with global lines of business to build and maintain partnerships
- Worked with Compliance and Regulatory reporting teams previously